One of the best ways to start or end your day is by writing in a Gratitude Journal. Pick up your pen and start writing and don't stop until you have at least five things on your list. You can probably go much higher than that, but make it at least five. Some positive things that come with this habit...
1. You begin to look for things for which to be thankful
2. Your attitude gets turned around - it's hard to be sulky and sullen when you're concentrating on all of the blessings that God places into your life every day
3. You will develop multiple lists that you can go back and read as a reminder when you need it
4. It will document the hand of God as he works in your life daily
5. You will find yourself speaking your gratitude throughout the day
6. Your attitude of gratitude will be contagious - people will notice and want what you have. What a great open door to share Jesus with them!
7. It is good practice in the good times that will build up your "gratitude muscle" for when times are difficult. You will be in such a habit of thanking God that you will continue to do it, and will be able to find the blessings in the middle of hardships.
8. Focusing on your blessings in the morning sets the perfect tone for the rest of the day.
9. Focusing on your blessings at night clears out the concerns of the day and lets you fall asleep with a thankful, peaceful heart as you focus on the hand of God in your life.
10. You will be blessed because of your obedience. How many scriptures can you list that direct us to give thanks at all times, in all situations?
So...get a notebook, grab a pen and start listing....you have no excuse and much to be thankful for!
Your turn: leave a comment sharing 1-5 things for which you are thankful.