- start tapering off the sugar and caffeine
- start drinking more water
- write down some specific prayer topics: names, situations, etc.
- search for scriptures to use during my prayer times
- continue praying for God's guidance as I pray and for his presence in a special way
- identify the book(s) that I will use for daily devotions during my fast
- identify books that I will read for fun during this time
And I am ready. I need the refocusing that comes from fasting, and I am ready to meet God in a deeper way. I can't begin to imagine what God has in store for this next year. I'm sure there will be decisions, challenges, acheivements and opportunities that I haven't even considered and would never guess. One significant part of this fast is asking God to help me let go of my own agenda and embrace his.
One thing is certain and that is the character of God. He is who he always has been. Whatever happens in this year will not scare, surprise or derail him. He will be my rock and my refuge. He will be my guide, my corrector, my inspiration and the object of my worship and praise.
Have you considered fasting? If so, share a comment below - just click on the word comment and tell us about your experience.
Also, consider subscribing to this blog to receive posts by email. Just click on the link on the right - it's easy.
Six days and counting. Are you ready for the new year? I hope so. Remember I am praying for you.
Post a Comment