We hsve a lot to do today and this week as we prepare for the new year. I suspect we all do. Are you making lists:
- new year's resolutions or goals
- shopping lists (really?)
- housekeeping chores
- tax preparations
- travel plans for next year
Let's go into 2012 with our focus on seeking God and making him truly the center of our lives. We need to:
- acknowledge him in all things (Psalms 3:6)
- look for opportunities to do good (Galatians 6:10)
- seek him first (Matthew 6:33)
- guard against giving the enemy a foothold (Ephesians 4:27)
- learn contentment (Philippians 4:11)
- live in the strength of God (Philippians 4:13)
- be devoted to prayer and communication with God (Colossians 4:2)
As we head into the new year, let's do it prayerfully, submitting ourselves to Him for His purpose. Before we commit to plans and resolutions, let's commit to him. We are promised only this day. Make the most of it today, whether you are working or playing. Do it 'as unto the Lord'.
As Christians we enter 2012 as a new year full of promise and possibility, and the knowledge that God is actively at work bringing about the fulfillment of his plan. I want to be a part of that, don't you?
This week is a week of prepration and wrapping up. I like to start a new year with a clean house, all the laundry done, paperwork filed...you get the picture. I'm also going to be sure that I begin it with my relationship with God strong and in it's rightful place - FIRST.
How about you? How will you get ready for the new year? Any suggestions for the rest of us?
See you tomorrow and remember if you're reading this blog I have prayed for you. I may not know who you are or that you've been here, but God knows everything about you and he loves you unconditionally. He has great plans for you. Are you willing...?
Post a Comment