Look for your
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself
an idol...for I the Lord your God, am a jealous God."
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust
destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for
yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do
not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where
your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
If you are pursuing a dream, something you feel God has placed in your heart you must remember:
- the author of your dream
- His purpose in allowing you to pursue your dream
- it is unlikely that achieving that dream will honor Him if your life now does not
- there is no faster way for your dream to turn into a nightmare than for you to take over and direct it yourself
- God never allows us to achieve a dream for the sole purpose of making us successful in our own eyes
- even God's plan for us (Jer 29:11) cannot come before our relationship with Him
God's plan, fulfilled in the dreams he's given you, is a beautiful thing. The fulfillment of the plan is for His glory - nothing less.
Be sure to keep God in the center of you dreams as you pursue them - and after you achieve them. Anything less makes you the center of your dream which turns that dream into an idol.
Always love God first and most.
I'm praying for you.